What is a bullet journal and how do you use it?

I love bullet journaling! It is one of my new hobbies, a bullet journal is like a planner you make and design by yourself. It can include daily to-do lists, monthly calendars, trackers of any kind, lists of books or movies you want to read and so much more!

So how do I use a Bullet Journal?

A bullet journal can look like whatever you want and you can design/decorate it however you want (that is one of the main purposes).

You can use it however you would like, a planner, scrapbook, or journal. 

How do I set it up?

There are lots of different ways to set up or start a bullet journal. Here are some main pages to start a Bullet Journal… 

Index: This section is at the front of your notebook and serves as a table of contents with page numbers to different collections and a symbol key that you update as you go.

Future Log: This spread is a year-at-a-glance calendar with future events, goals, and long-term tasks. Add birthdays, travel plans, and major holidays.

Monthly Log: This spread includes a calendar with a bird’s-eye view of the month and a task page with things you want to tackle during the month. You can also add other monthly tracking pages including food, fitness, finance, or book log.

Daily Log: This is your day-to-day to-do list.

If You need ideas for designs or a visual then there are hundreds of bullet journal setups on YouTube!

Are there certain Materials I will need?

Not necessarily, you can use any type of journal you want but in particular, I like to use dotted journals for my Bullet Journal. Here is an optional list of things I like to use in mine… 

• Dotted Notebook
  • Crayola super tip Markers
  • Black pen
  • Washi Tape
  • Stickers 

And that what a bullet journal is and how you use it!

print