Why you should read and watch Harry Potter!

I love these series so much, they are one of my favorites. I love watching movies with my family then reading books and comparing the differences and similarities. The books have a lot of descriptions, and if you are a person who loves a good fantasy book these are perfect for you.

If you have a big family like me or love fantasy you will love this series!

What it’s all about:

Harry Potter is about a boy whose parents were killed by one of the most powerful wizards in the wizarding world and He survived with just a scar shaped like a lightning bolt and no one knows how he survived but he doesn’t know until his 11th birthday when he gets a letter from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He lives with his mom’s sister and her family, who treats him very meanly and told him his parents got in a horrible car accident. Harry potter soon meets some good friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger and they go to school together.

Why should you read them?

Harry Potter is one of the most loved movies and book series of all time! Studies show that 25% of Americans had seen all of the movies and 61% had seen at least one. These movies are so much fun to watch with family and friends! 

Most kids say they don’t like reading because they have only read the books in school, which are often not as interesting as many other books. The reason kids give as to why they don’t like reading is most often because they think it’s boring or difficult, which isn’t true if you’re reading a good book, such as Harry Potter.

The books are strewn with examples of all kinds of friendship. There are several romantic relationships throughout the series, as well as happy marriages between some of the adult characters. There are also a lot of strong friendships.

If you choose to only watch the movies, then you’ll miss out on 60 percent of the jokes, 80 percent on the character development and 95 percent on characterization. You’ll also miss most of the small, interesting details, such as what happened to Gilderoy Lockhart after he was obliviated (and yes, I’m going to make you read the books to find out). 

And that is why you should read the series of Harry Potter both books and movies!

print