What to expect from Super Bowl 57

I think that Super Bowl 57 will be one to remember for a long time, simply because of the quarterbacks playing in it. On one end you have Patrick Mahomes who has been one of the best quarterbacks for years now looking to win his second Super Bowl and on the other end a young Jalen Hurts who is looking to bring the Super Bowl back to Philly.

You can argue that good quarterbacks are expected to play in the Super Bowl but these two led their teams to the best record in their respective conferences and are both finalists for the MVP. Aside from the quarterbacks being amazing, these offenses could barely get better both ranking 1 and 3 averaging almost 30 points per game. 

The Chiefs had one of the best offenses in the league led by almost unanimous MVP Patrick Mahomes was rolling this season averaging 29.7 points per game. I’ll get straight to the point and say they would not have the best offense without Mahomes because their receiving core was riddled with injuries and they lost their starting running back, ( luckily the secondary was better). But he had his number one target Travis Kelce all year. If you gave these two a high school offense they would still average twenty points, they just understand each other and it’s amazing to watch. On a side note the rest of their receiving core is healthy for the Super Bowl so count on some big plays. 

On the other hand, the Eagles were healthy for most of the year except for the shoulder injury Hurts had in the last couple of weeks. Even though the eagles receiving core is better than the Chief’s and was healthy they still didn’t get as many points up but they didn’t need to because of that defense, Mahomes isn’t the only quarterback with a favorite target though, over the offseason the Eagles were able to pick up Pro Bowl Wide Receiver AJ Brown who was also dominant.

If you look at the defenses they are both top ten but the Eagles definitely take an edge here. The Eagles have been dominant this season. The Eagles’ defensive stats this season are through the roof. They were able to acquire a near-record-setting 70 sacks this season. They were also able to get 17 interceptions. People argue that having good stats isn’t the whole picture but they ranked 15th in opponent rushing yards and 1st in pass defense.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, are just a well-rounded defense that held teams below the thirty-point mark in all but two games one of which was the Super Bowl. While they didn’t lead the league on any defensive statistics they are like old reliable and almost always get the job done.

If I were to bet on this game I think that Patrick Mahomes is that guy and has more experience than Jalen Hurts so I would go with the Chiefs, but I defiantly would not be surprised if the Eagles pulled this out because they are as good as any team talent-wise and I think that their defense is built to make big plays as well as that Jalen Hurts led offense.

print