My Top 10 Albums of All Time

I will be listing my top 10 albums of all time, at this current moment. My music taste usually consists of alternative pop, indie pop/rock, rock, and rap. I like almost anything except country music. Now, let’s get with it!

10. THE FUTURE IS DARK by Lil Darkie

This album is super cool. All the transitions make it so cool to listen to. I love every single track on this, which is pretty rare. The mix of loud and angry songs mixed with sad and melancholic songs. My favorite tracks are: HUMANS AND MONSTERS, i know i know, AMERICAN SLAVE, house made of ash, and human insignificance.

9. Electra Heart by MARINA

This album is an amazing classic, and I had a hard time placing it. I love so many of the songs on here, they’re such fun and cool songs to listen to. Marina is so talented, and has such amazing and unique lyrics. My favorite tracks are: Lies, Starring Role, Fear and Loathing, Teen Idle, Lonely Hearts Club, and Valley of the Dolls.

8. Cry Baby by Melanie Martinez

I adore this album so very much. The whole aesthetic sticks to the album the whole time, and makes it so fun. It also has a mix of dark topics, so it always makes this an interesting listen. I love the story it includes, and how it covers all the topics it mentions. My favorite tracks are: Sippy Cup, Mrs. Potato Head, Cake, and Play Date.

7. Plastic Beach by Gorillaz

I absolutely love the vibe of this album and all the sounds. It’s so atmospheric, and can make you feel like you’re somewhere completely different. It gets a bonus point because of the amount of lore that comes with it. My favorite tracks are: Rhinestone Eyes, To Binge, Superfast Jellyfish, Pirate Jet, On Melancholy Hill, and Broken.

6. IGOR by Tyler, the Creator

I didn’t start liking rap entirely until the end of 2023. But this album is a masterpiece. I love the whole story with it too. It makes it even more interesting to see how the perspective changes throughout the album. My favorite tracks are: NEW MAGIC WAND, A BOY IS A GUN*, EARFQUAKE, ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?, and I THINK.

5. Gorillaz by Gorillaz

The variety throughout this album is incredible. This is what changed and started everything for Gorillaz. The blend of style and genres is insane. The nonsensical part of it is what makes it so cool and interesting. My favorite tracks are: Double Bass, Punk, Left Hand Suzuki Method, Clint Eastwood, Slow Country, Re-Hash, 5/4, 19-2000, and M1 A1.

4. The Now Now by Gorillaz

I really love all the sounds and feel of this album. It’s super underrated, and deserves more attention and love. It’s mostly a blue and sad album. I like to usually describe it like a day at the beach, but you’re too sad to enjoy it. My favorite tracks are: Souk Eye, One Percent, Fire Flies, Idaho, and Tranz.

3. Demon Days by Gorillaz

The variety throughout this album is so cool and fun to listen to. It changes so quickly, but in an amazing way. The music videos and art style are so visually appealing and cool to look at. I don’t skip anything from this album. My favorite tracks are: Kids with Guns, El Mañana, White Light, Feel Good Inc, and Last Living Souls.

2. PORTALS by Melanie Martinez

The transitions, oh my god. The new sound from Melanie is such a bop. I could listen to it all on repeat, over and over. I love the whole aesthetic and all the important messages in each song. I love listening to this, it makes me feel transported somewhere else. My favorite tracks are: SPIDER WEB, THE CONTORTIONIST, LIGHT SHOWER, FAERIE SOIREE, EVIL, and NYMPHOLOGY.

1.The Family Jewels by MARINA

I made this album first for many reasons. It has almost everything fulfilling, and perfect for an album that I love. The variety in its genres and style, the meanings, the aesthetic, the nostalgia, it’s perfect for me. I could listen to this anytime. It has every mood or emotion you’d want to feel or express. My favorite tracks are: Are You Satisfied?, Oh No!, Mowgli’s Road, Hermit the Frog, The Family Jewels, Girls, and Numb.

I love music so much, and how it can give you so many different emotions. I’m always listening to something. Now that I’ve listed mine, and all my reasons, what are your favorite albums?

print

2 thoughts on “My Top 10 Albums of All Time

• March 28, 2024 at 2:24 pm
    Permalink

OMG I LOVE GORILLAZ !!

Reply
    • March 28, 2024 at 3:15 pm
      Permalink

IKRRRR THEYRE MY FAVORITE

Reply