5 BEST tips for men to STAND OUT MORE

It’s not hard to find yourself looking at a male model on the cover of Vogue or GQ, and thinking, “this guy is so fancy and gets all the ladies”. But in reality, he’s not much different from you. It’s just the way he chooses to look and come off to others is different from you. Everyone is different in personality and the way they look, but I believe everyone can look good. Some are better or easier than others, but it’s very simple to look good and appeal to others as a “model”. Boys, I got you. Today, I’m going to give you 5 simple tips to make you stand out from the crowd and make you a cleaner-looking person (in no particular order).

Accessories

A very subtle, yet clean and effective part of your game that not enough people consider enough. Little details can make or break the way you look. Wearing simple bracelets, necklaces, sunglasses, watches, and chains can compliment the way you look. They add a little amount of pop to what you already have and make you look fancy and classy. Without accessories in your arsenal, it almost makes it feel like something is missing from what you are wearing, and wearing subtle accessories completes your outfit. Accessories are something that I would highly recommend adding to your game. Here is a link to the necklace I have: Chain with number pendant.

Smell

People will always remember you based on what you smell like, and that will also decide if they like you or not. It’s time you throw away the crappy AXE body spray and go get some real cologne. Michael Jordan, Paris, Acqua Di Gio, even Versace if you are looking for a high-quality cologne. Imagine being a girl and going on a date with a guy you like, and he smells like he just got done dumpster diving at the pizza shop across the street. It would be awful, right? It’s very important to smell as good as possible to attract others to you and want to be next to you. When applying cologne, spray it on the back of both of your hands, your chest, and the back of your neck. By doing this, the cologne is getting on your skin as opposed to your clothes. It will stick and stay on your skin, and get messed up if it’s on your clothing. I use this Versace Eros cologne.

Fashion/Dress

People will judge you at first strictly based on what you dress like. If you look like crap, they most likely will not even consider getting to know you better or be interested in you. Wearing outfits that look clean and match will turn heads and interest others. There are all kinds of different types of clothes and ways to wear them, and that’s where it gets fun. Mixing and matching outfits based on what you like is fun and switching it up often will always give people a fresh look at you. A person who is more athleisure may want to invest in some PacSun shorts and T-Shirts, as well as hoodies. Someone who likes more baggy clothes will want to look into hoodies, skater pants from Dickies, shoes from Jordan and Nike, the options are limitless. 

The shoe game is also essential, a person who rocks dirty shoes will not get nearly as much interest and respect from others as they should. Make sure you keep it simple and clean and try not to overdo it. Jordan has always been a staple in the shoe game, and they have hundreds upon hundreds of pairs of shoes to pick from for roughly $125-$150. Vans is another big shoe brand, but they are much cheaper, roughly $30-$60 for some very good quality shoes. 

Lastly, the hat game. Hats are something I pride myself in, I tend to buy a lot of hats for around $45-$50 every month. I pick from all different colors and designs so I can mix and match them with different outfits. Wearing and buying multiple items of the same color will not add flair and variety to your outfits. From pink to black, I have many different fitted hats, they add a very unique part to an outfit I don’t think people think about enough. 

There are all kinds of ways to look good depending on aesthetic and body type that I won’t get into, but the fashion game is arguably the most important key to standing out.

Hygiene

Hygiene should be a basic essential in everyone’s look. Think of it as a foundation for a house, you should be building everything off of hygiene. I know that part of it is genetics, and not everyone will end up looking like Michael B Jordan, but keeping your skin and hair healthy can be done easily. Shampooing your hair every other day and applying conditioner to it will keep it in good shape. Also getting a haircut once a month is important, maintaining shape and shaping up your head will refresh everyone’s look at you and clean you up again. Making sure to shave and trim up your mustache and/or beard is necessary, and if you are looking to grow out a beard or mustache, keeping that in good shape is important as well. 

There are many different types of skin routines to pick from, some more effective and expensive than others, but they are all an option. Here is a 5-minute video from Alex Costa giving his basic skincare routine.

Showering every day at least once must not be skipped, especially if you tend to work out a lot. Showering will help with hair and skin, and refresh your whole body, and will make you feel a lot better as well. Also putting on deodorant to block out body odors from sweat is crucial. Girls smelling B.O. off of you will immediately give them the impression that you are unhygienic, and that is the last thing you want.

Body Build

A man who is bigger than everyone stands out in a crowd, and if you want to be that guy, you must be willing to work to get it. Going to the gym at least 3 times a week for an hour a day will help build muscle in your body and make you look better. Everyone is built differently, whether you are skinny or bigger built, but I believe everyone can get gains in the gym and build and develop muscle. Make sure to not work the same muscle back-to-back days, as you will need a full day for your muscles in a group to recover, so make sure you switch from the upper body to the lower body on back-to-back days at the gym. Also, girls take notice of veiny arms. They for whatever reason find it very attractive.

So there you have it, my 5 ways to clean up your appearance and look better. We live in a society where everyone judges eachother off of first looks and impressions, and in order to succeed that way, you must look clean and be presentable, and by following these tips, they will help you achieve that.

print