Trending new brownie flavors you may like to try!

Did you know that there is not just one brownie flavor? Here’s a list of a few new flavors. That you should go try!

Ice cream sundae brownie, chocolate chip brownie topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and rainbow sprinkles- to me in my opinion it sounds like there is too much in one and it would be super sweet to me. So it probably would not be my favorite but I would still try it. 

Next, is a S’mores brownie topped with marshmallow glaze, melted Hershey, and graham cracker crumbles- I think this one would be interesting, good but interesting. I think it would be interesting because there is just a lot you could compare it to. Does it taste like a regular S’more or does it taste like creamy S’more’s ice cream? But I would probably try it. 

This one is called Strawberry shortcake brownie, this one just sounds disgusting to me, let’s see what’s all in it though. This Strawberry Shortcake Brownie is topped with creme fraiche, whipped cream, and macerated strawberries. This is one I do not think I would care about trying. It doesn’t sound like my favorite. 

This next one is called Maple Bacon Brownie, in it, it’s topped with maple glaze and crumbled bacon. I would try this one. I think it would be pretty good because the Maple bacon doughnuts are pretty good and I think it would be similar to that, just chocolatey.  

The next one is flavored “Cookie’s n Cream ”- bakers.com This one is a chocolate glazed brownie, topped with crushed Oreos, Cream cheese, and whipped cream. I think that it sounds like Blondies with an Oreo in the middle (if you haven’t had it before you should try it.) The Blondies with Oreo are good so I think this would be good too. I am a little bit confused though because in the article, for this specific brownie it just says cream cheese so is it like frosting or a block of cream cheese on top? Those were all the flavors. What one(s) would you try? 

Let’s talk about food science,

Typically when you are making Brownies especially you usually use unsalted butter or food oils stated Daniel Strats. Although there is a baker, food science perspective, who works at ‘Strats’ Food. He and the workers at Strats food use Margarine, shortenings, and oils. It says in the article that these few ingredients are “outstanding” substitutes for butter and food oils. It also says that when making brownies and the recipes ask for butter he says that margarine is a less important option, due to the typical brownies’ use of ingredients, which imparts the intense chocolate flavor. 

Brownie Creaming Tips

Most brownies are made with a creaming method, Daniel from ‘Strats’ explains that the dry ingredients in the recipe are blended without the liquid ingredients. Then without the dry ingredients, you combine the liquid ingredients. When blended, the liquid and dry ingredients are mixed to cream together. This step provides for lubrication and air entrapment to achieve a post-baked brownie that delivers on a chewy yet airy texture.- bakers.com 

These are some brownies you can try and a few steps you can follow to make them airy and soft. I found this article on Bakers.com. 

print