What is Young Sheldon in Portuguese?

Young Sheldon is an undeniably phenomenal show, with characters such as George Cooper Jr. and Meemaw carrying the plotline, what is there not to love? The only thing that isn’t favorable is understanding the show. With minor toyin’ around, we can change this factor: by watching the show in another foreign language, we can stop comprehending the show. This is where my proposal comes in, Young Sheldon in Portuguese.

Why Portuguese?

While the answer is unclear, watching Young Sheldon in Portuguese refers to ironic conspiracy theory memes and Sigma Grindest memes. AccoUrbandictionary.com describes Sigma Grindset as, “the superior mindset possessed by the male at the top of the social hierarchy, also known as the sigma. This grindset is often mentioned when the Sigma does something that may be considered based and redpilled (referring to The Matrix). Society (run by betas) views the Sigma as a threat. He is thus often a victim of societal ostracism for his intrinsically based nature. He is the victim of a systematic societal hate crime.” The meme of watching the popular TV show, Young Sheldon in Portuguese started on TikTok in Early 2023. With Joker symbolism, these memes quickly rose to stardom, proclaiming that liberals wanted to keep the show’s “secrets” away from the public.

On April 5th, 2023, TikToker @redpill_daily uploaded a now-deleted video on the popular video-sharing site. This post showed Heath Ledger’s rendition of The Joker slowly clapping, with the caption reading, “Millions MUST watch Young Sheldon in Portuguese / Billions, even”. Under this, it states that “Liberals want to keep this info a secret”.

On March 13th, 2023, TikToker @lem0nc0w uploaded a video using a Capcut template, a simpler way of editing photos and video clips together. With this template, @lem0nc0w referenced the popular Young Sheldon character, George Cooper, played by Lance Barber speaking Portuguese, despite the audio for the video being in Japanese. This video gained 1.5 million views, or plays in 15 days, a milestone for most small creators.

@redpill_daily posted another video on April 17th, 2023 of another ironic Sigma meme surrounding the theme of watching Young Sheldon in Portuguese. In this video, the Tiktoker says, “Do I watch Young Sheldon in Portuguese? Yes. Do I understand it? No. Your tiny Liberal brain wouldn’t get it.”

With these videos, the idea of watching Young Sheldon in Portuguese has become an ironic joke. Besides the jokes about Young Sheldon, I’m really invested in the show. At the time of writing this, I’m on Season 3, Episode 11, and I watch the show religiously. It’s slowly become one of my favorites and I suggest that everyone should watch it, especially in Portuguese.

print